11.24.2009

you vs. yourself

Caught in a confusion
between love and illusion;
Not sure what to believe,
my eyes or my intrigue.
It's a constant battle.
One sees what's wrong,
the other wants to carry on.
I must understand it's a lesson in life,
to make these decisions that bring struggle and strife.
It's easy to be weak and choose the option most bleak,
temporary satisfaction garaunteed
but rotten within the year indeed.
Vice Versa
Staying strong even though it takes long,
feeling like you're dying inside
but really growing wiser to survive.

I love the way the end result sounds,
sometimes I wish my happy ending would just hurry up and come around.
But when it does,
and I analyze my days,
how would I figure it got that way?
Only by falling on my face
and picking myself up with grace.

This is what I pray:
that you take in your fears, your temptations and your tears,
use them to shift yourself into a higher gear.
The past was beautiful, but it didn't last.
Take what you learned and don't hide behind a mask.
Be proud of the mistakes you make because it molds the foundation of your fate.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I WAS CAPTURED AS SOON AS I GOT 2 THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRST POEM I READ "JUST BE" THE ONE ON THE RITE. BUT I FELL IN LOVE WHEN I READ "YOU VS YOURSELF" YOUR A GREAT WRITER, UR IDEAS N SUBJECT MATTER IS REALLY IN DEPTH N UR TALENT N ABILITY 2 WRITE LIKE THAT HAS DEFINITELY INSPIRED ME 2 STEP OUT THE BOX AND HAVE NO LIMITATIONS WHEN I CREATE MY MUSIC.AND UR RITE U R GONNA BE FAMOUS I JUST CANT WAIT 2 BE ON THE FIRST COVER OF THE FIRST ISSUE 2 JusB MAGAZINE :) FROM YA FELLOW WRITER
    -Fayn

    ReplyDelete