11.12.2009

Writers Blockage

is holding me hostage.
i can't arrange the words in my mind
to simple paragraphs, statements & lines.
what is it my thoughts are trying to spell out?
how can i express them with this everlasting doubt?
i don't wanna come across as phony,
a wannabe writer just here to make mo' money.
great theories encapsulate my inner most essence
they keep me inspired, yet they keep restless.
i need to share it with you before my view becomes skewed.
i've seen it in the past, true artists that couldn't last
because the sparkle of the plastic was something more fantastic.
i'm telling you they blind us with the glitter,
hot at first sight
but aren't you still cold & lonely by the night?
pretty shit?
i'm not feeling it.
what about soulful shit?
they won't allow it as hits.
i'm talking knowledge, love, respecting the above..
can i talk about that or will you all think i'm wack?
i know what i say is the truth
so my question is, why do my words stand so aloof?
lets back track to our youth and that will be my proof,
All those suckas who convinced us we couldn't be or shouldn't be,
laughing at us when we won the spelling bee.
those still hold their blades sharp against our veins.
persuading us that it's a matter of fitting in, instead of standing out
but if that's the case,
what's the word INDIVIDUAL all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment